EPISODE 63: Interview With Patrick McKeown
Patrick McKeown Chats About…
- 2.20 – Patrick’s background… his journey to becoming a breathing expert.
- 6.20 – Becoming open to being wrong about previous conceptions about breathing.
- 8.00 – The effects of mouth breathing in children
- 10.55 – How can you really help someone if you aren’t looking at sleep and breathing?
- 11.50 – the 3 dimensions of breathing
- 12.45 – What is the Buteyko method breathing?
- 16.10 – Moving fowards… “The Oxygen Advantage”.
- 22.30 – Are we all born breathing perfectly?
- 28.00 – The links between breathing and anxiety, and Howard’s personal Air Hunger Story…
- 34.00 – Dr Claude Lum and the history of chronic hyperventilation… why the thickness of the medical file was more valuable than the files contents.
- 37.30 – Getting practical… demonstrating a few simple and easy exercises. (Try them yourselves)…
- 45.10 – Some advice for practicing these methods.
- 49.30 – If this stuff is so good… why haven’t you heard about it?
- 54.26 – Does the Wim Hoff breathing method contradict the Buteyko breathing method?
- 56.25 – Tailoring your breathing method approaches to the individual.
- 1.00.00 – What issues do you work with?
- 1.03.20 – The importance of getting this stuff into the world at large.
- 1.06.20 – Getting in touch with Patrick
- 1.07.33 – Final thoughts to share
“80% of people with anxiety have breathing pattern disorders… we have to change that.”
About Patrick McKeown
Ireland based international breathing expert and author Patrick McKeown was educated at Trinity College Dublin, and completed his clinical training in Russia in 2002. Patrick is breathing adviser to Laird Hamilton’s XPT, Fellow of The Royal Society of Biology and published by international medical journals and leading book publishers.
His latest book, The Oxygen Advantage (published in fourteen languages), combines specially formulated techniques to reduce breathlessness during physical exercise, increase oxygen delivery to the brain, improve sleep, concentration and to remain focused under stress.
With 125 trained instructors across 30 countries, Oxygen Advantage is recognised as a foremost authority in breathing for exercise performance and sleep. To date, Patrick has worked with elite military Special Forces, SWAT, as well as Olympic coaches and athletes.
“Using Oxygen Advantage for the reduction of stress in SWAT and other High Stress Law Enforcement activities is what I am most interested in now and I have a lot to work with thanks again to Patrick McKeown!”
JOEY WILLIAMS. SWAT COMMANDER RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAINING, BERKELEY, CA, USA.
Want To Download This Interview?
Just right click on button above…
Patrick’s Video on Coronavirus Breathing Exercises:
Dr karen Bonuck study on Sleep Disordered Breathing: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3313633/
The Bohr effect – https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/bohr-effect
Professor John Mew – https://mahb.stanford.edu/blog/food-and-breathing-problem/
Dr James Bartley – https://www.penguin.co.nz/books/breathing-matters-9781869417796
Anxiety and Panic Disorder- the role of breathing exercises –https://buteykoclinic.com/buteyko-method-for-anxiety/
Insomnia and Breathing – https://buteykoclinic.com/reducing-insomnia/
Buteyko Technique for children to practice – https://buteykoclinic.com/buteykochildren/
Breathing for sports performance – https://oxygenadvantage.com/science/
Twenty minute guided exercise with relaxation – https://buteykoclinic.com/reduced-breathing/
Two hour online clinics for stress, anxiety and panic disorder – https://buteykoclinic.com/clinic-with-patrick-mckeown/